Friday, May 4, 2007

My last few days at my internship!!!!!!

So, I have to tell everyone about my last few days at my internship. I have been this kids clinician pretty much the whole semester. (he was released to home in January, and was back in custody the next day. ) Anyway when he came back on our unit, I was asked to continue to work with him. He is this kinda wannabe gangster, with a history of gang involvement,but he does have a childlike quality to him. As I was discussing the termination process with my supervisor, she suggested I ask him to give me a grade. I thought that would be a pretty good way to get suggestions for improvement etc...

While in my last session with him, we had been playing cards, and talking about ways to stay out of custody, and also about why I was leaving. When our time was up, I asked him what grade he'd give me. He said he'd give me a seven. I asked him what could I have improved on. He said "you could've been here more". That made me feel so good!!!!!! Maybe I can do this whole social work thing!!!!!

3 comments:

TyGuy said...

Congrats - it must have felt good to know that he wanted you to stay. We've always known that you would make a great social worker.
Ty

Plonnie said...

Way to go Bran!! that is awesome. I miss that stuff a lot. We went to Cabellas and I ran in to an old client of mine and he really wanted me to return to wasatch. IT made me feel good and I cant wait until I can open the bizz and return to that. I knew you would be a great one and you will be a huge asset wherever you work!!

--Jerms

Plonnie said...

brandon! i can't wait until you are here and i can make you a milkshake! don't forget it!
pj