Thursday, July 19, 2007

Here are my 8 thing that you might not have known about me!

1. I had purple hair (on purpose!) when i was in high school. (It was just washing out when i had my passport picture taken to go to france so if you look close you can tell!!)

2. I have this weird thing when i go to bed that i have to have one foot out of the covers for a little while.

3. I was at wal-mart with my sister, Jen, right before Easter and she went to look at some flowers while i was looking at something else. She came and found me and when i looked up at her she had something all over her nose, mouth, and chin. Of course my kind response when i saw her was "What is WRONG with you!" We found a mirror so she could laugh at herself and then tried to rub it off which was even funnier because it just smeared. We figured out that she had tried to smell an lily plant and bumped it against herself and got pollen all over. WE WERE HYSTERICAL!!!

4. I currently have my clothes on an extra bookshelf we had because i was sick of the dresser that i had and the drawers that always would stick. I thought ot would just be for a few months till we moved back but it looks like i have another year. (Brandon's response when he saw it was "how white-trach can we be" ) I thought i was being resourceful! :)

5. Since being in college i have not read a novel for my own leisure that was written for aduts. They have all been children's literature..Harry Potter, Bridge to Terebithia and more! ( realize that is pretty sad and i'll have to fix that..after i read this next Harry Potter book! :)

6. When i was little my bed used to be next to the window fan in the summer. I used to get under my covers and leave a little hole where the "wind" would come in and pretend i was homeless.

7. When i was in second grade i decided to go by Tina (which i picked because my mom suggested it and my sisters suggestions-Christie or Chris-were not an option because i was mad at her). Kids used to tell me to turn around and then call me "Tina Turner".

8. In fifth grade i had these fantastic pants that had built in legwarmers. They were attached at the bottom and folded up my leg, so there was a big pocket like thing. My mom used to make a whole bunch of cookies and freeze them in the freezer in the basement. When i was weraing these pants (as often as possible-since they were so cool!) I would sneak down and put cookies in the leg warmer part and sneak them back into my room. I have ALWAYS had a weakness for homemade chocolate chip cookies!!

And a bonus because my sister reminded me of it when i was making my list...
** When i was in middle school or high school a goat died in our basement! ( We were taking care of it for a friend who was out of town because it was sick. We obviously were unsuccessful!)


So there they are...Grover I tag you!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Tina - I SOOOO loved reading every one of those!

I honestly can't imagine you with purple hair - I DID know that about you already - but still can't believe it. :)

I LOVE your "resourceful, white-trash" shelf. :-} I'm TOTALLY with you - very resourceful!

Okay girl, we have GOT to get you reading ADULT books! HeeHee - allright ... you can work up to grown up books - start off with the teen-books that I love ... the "Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites" series and "Twilight", "New Moon", and "Ecclipse" ("Ecclipse" comes out the beginning of August ... I can't wait!!!)

I have DEFINITELY got to get me some of those "cookie-holder" pants.

A goat died in your basement? That is crazy!!! I need to hear that story.

Sure love ya- crazy 9 things and all! You're so fun, Tina Turner - can't wait to be together again!

Plonnie said...

tina! i wish i had more time to respond to EVERYTHING.... but i'm lame and i don't!!
but i loved your list. it's SO FUN!! i remember you telling me about the purple hair and i've always wanted to see that picture!! see if you can post it!!!!