Sunday, July 29, 2007

My BIG Decision!!!

I guess we are making up for this week by having 2 new posts today!

Another thing that has been going on this week that Brandon did not mention was the big decision that i have had to make!

I had a family that i used to work with through my job at EI (Early Intervention) who called and asked be to be thier nanny!!! At first i told her it would probably be a "no" because i LOVE my job and we thought we had a schedule figured out to work. I told her that i would think about it and get back to her. The more i thought about it and talked about it, i realized that i was going to have to take it...it was just too perfect!!! So starting September 1st i will be a full-time nanny for 3-year-old twins (Ryan and Alison) and their older 5-year-old sister (Katherine). I will bring my kids, of course, so Brandon doesn't have to play daddy day care while trying to also balance school, a full-time job, and a 20-hour-a-week internship (I think he is MOST excited!) They live less than 10 minutes from our house and have a nice big house with a fenced-in back yard and a HUGE playroom!!! The mom used to do in-home daycare so she is very understanding and i think will be fun to work with. I will be getting paid more that i am making now (Although, technically i will be working twice as much) but i will be with my kids too. The kindergartener will be in school all day (she got into the pilot full-day kindergarten program) and the twins have preschool 3 afternoons a week so while they are in school, it will just be me and my kids!!

We still have some things to work out but it sounds great!! The SUPER HARD part is saying good-bye to my job and the people there that i have LOVED working with-both my co-wrorkers and the families i have been serving. I am doing better with it now but last week every time i thought about leaving i just cried!!! UGH. I know it is for the better but is hard to change from something that you know you love to try something else that you HOPE you Love!! SO there is my book about what has been distracting me all week!!! :)

3 comments:

TyGuy said...

Tina- Congratulations on the new job. You will do great! You were born to work with kids!

Michelle said...

Change is the hardest - whether for the better or not! I'm so proud of you, Tina. It's so amazing the way Heavenly Father helps everything fall into place and work out when we're trying our hardest to do what is right. This opportunity sounds like exactly what you guys need this next year. Best wishes. Keep us posted!

Lotsa love!

Ryan and Lori said...

tina. good luck with your new job you will be great. Being a nanny was so much fun.I am going back to work Aug 20th. I don't know what keep pulling me back. I know it not the money. I love to watch those kids play and learn. If i can help in any way to feed and teach them. I am happy I will pray
for you. love lori