Sunday, September 30, 2007

Our Crazy Life!!!!!!!!!

We have begun to settle in to our crazy and hectic life, here is an update of what we are up to.

Tina is nannying and has a real love/hate relationship with it. She LOVES being with our kids, and Loves taking care of the kids she takes care of, it is just A LOT of HARD WORK taking care of 5 kids 40 hours a week!!!!(there is a special place in heaven reserved for her I'll tell ya!!!!)

Here is Tina's crew. There was no school on Wednesday so they went to a little farm place and the kids got to play on the hay pile, have a picnic, and then pick out pumpkins.




I am learning so much at my internship. I am doing it at a crisis center. One of the two area hospitals will call us with a person to assess for crisis. We then need to determine if admitting them into a psych hospital, to the crisis stabilization unit, or just letting them go home is the best course of action. I also have to deal with the insurance agencies and make sure their insurance will cover a psych hospital stay. It will be quite a learning experience, I am excited.

School for me is going great!!!!! I am taking a practice with families class which is a TON of fun and I really enjoy it. I also have to take a research class which is a bummer, but if it'll get me that degree, I'll take it.

We sure miss everyone and can't wait until we are all together again!!!!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Yes - Tina - taking care of kids that much ... VERY admirable and inspiring - that's for sure! Julia is an absolute doll - like always. I especially love her cute outfit and piggies!

Bran - your intership sounds like it will be very helpful for future jobs. I'm so proud of you! You are working so hard and have such a great attitude! I'm excited to hear more about your practice with families class. That sounds really interesting. What is your "declared focus"? (I'm not sure what to call it ... tyler's was "criminal justice").

Love you guys!

TyGuy said...

I'm actually starting on the weekend crisis team this Saturday. I've been very stressed out about it. Maybe you could give me some pointers. I've never done any crisis work before. Anytime my clients were in a crisis, I just sent them down to the crisis unit to be assessed. Now it's MY job to actually do the assessing. HELP!!!

Tina - you are amazing! Caring for 5 kids (6 if you include Brandon) deserves many blessings from above. I'm really glad you are enjoying the career switch.

Plonnie said...

wow.. 5 kids. that doesn't seem like a lot when i hear the number, but when i SEE them, at a pumpkin patch! i don't know if i could do it! i don't know if i could do it at home, let alone in a public place! tina! you are amazing!

good job to you too, brandon. you guys are both working so hard.... and the best part is you're helping people along the way. that's awesome! there is a place for both of you in heaven, and hopefully we'll all be able to sit down together and recap our favorite memories/stories of this life on a big screen. haha!